Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Long and Over Due Update

I am very happy to announce that Tim and I are adding another member to our family! On March 8, I am due to have a healthy baby girl-baby Ella!

The reason I waited so long to tell anyone is I had a miscarriage and was due in December. After losing my baby, I was too nervous to tell anyone about baby Ella until I knew everything was OK. This was even a trial. When Tim and I went in to have my ultrasound at 20 weeks, we were told baby Ella had heart problems and we had to go to the hospital to get a second and more specific ultrasound due to the abnormal heartbeat. This is the point where I cried my eyes out. At the second ultrasound as the radiologist was going over everything, she asked if I was laying on my back the whole time during my first ultrasound- yes I was- for an hour. She said that could have had an effect on her heartbeat. Or they pushed too hard during the ultrasound and that can change the heartbeat. In the end, Ella is a healthy, rambunctious baby girl.

I went from having a healthy baby girl to the thought of losing her to having a healthy baby girl in about 4 hours. This is not a good thing anyway, but with the amount of hormones a pregnant woman has does not make the situation any better.

Something else that has also been a very exciting for me is that my best friend Janelle is also pregnant- with TWINS! I am so excited to share this experience with her and couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

THE ISAZAS said...

Congratulations Abby!! This is such great news! Praying for you and your growing family!

Tina Callison said...

Corey and I are both so happy for you! That's VERY good news that the baby doesn't have any heart problems! Obviously, we know how much of a toll worrying about a baby can take on a family, and wouldn't want anyone else to have to go through the stress of having a baby with a heart condition. Congratulations, and we hope that everything continues to go smoothly for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tim and Abby!! I'm so glad that all is well with the newest addition to the Krueger family and wow it really was a long overdeiw update. I had no idea about a lot of things going on in your lives! Not to mention how BIG Ethan is...crazy!! They grow up so quick ;) -Megan Braun

Our Newest Family Adventures