Sunday, March 13, 2011

Such and Eventful Day for Ella

Ella achieved many milestones today. First, she woke up with tooth number three. It finally made it's appearance after many nights of crying.  This wouldn't be so bad, but Ella does not like to be held to go to sleep at night. So she's crying because her teeth hurt and wiggling around in my arms as she is so tired and wants to sleep. She's usually already had some Tylenol/ibuprofen and some Ora gel on her gums to help comfort before we lay her down. Sad part is I do not think we are out of the clear yet either. I think there might be two or three more working their way out too. I hope it happens soon so she is felling better soon.


Another milestone happened while Daddy playing at church. Ethan had just gone potty and Ella is always trying to get over to him. I finally asked her if she wanted to go potty and her eyes lit up. We got the little potty seat on the potty for her and sat her on it. Once Ella was situated, I turned to Ethan and said "Ella's on the big girl potty, but I don't think she will actually go potty..." tinkle, tinkle, tinkle. Ella went potty on the big girl potty!!! At this pace she'll be potty trained before Ethan. (We did try it again later and it was a no go.) 


Ella also said some more words today. She loves to look at pictures of babies as well as babies themselves. Although, she mostly likes to climb on and poke the babies. As Ella and I were looking at pictures of her and Ethan as babies she said 'baby.' Later, while playing on the couch, she turned and looked at me and said what sounded like 'get down.' Come on little girl, really!?! My "baby" hasn't been a baby since about seven months. Next year, should I celebrate her fourth birthday or her second? Wow, Ella, wow!

No comments:

Our Newest Family Adventures