Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful for the Little Things

I have been thinking about how thankful I am for all the things I take for granted everyday. Seemingly simple things like walking, healthy children, having enough food to eat, a warm place to lay my head, loving family and friends and so much more. I have been writing down some of the funny things my children have been saying in the last couple of days, as Ethan and Ella will not be this young forever. Here is some comedic relief and just one more thing to be thankful for on your Thursday afternoon:


Me: "E, whatcha drawing?"
E: "Just some thing really big and cool."


Out of no where at Target:
e: "Mommy, have another baby."
WHAT?!?!? Where did she hear that? And if she didn't hear that, how was she able to put that thought together and then find the correct words to execute that sentence correctly? Wow girl. Wow. (And no, this is not an announcement of any kind. I am not with child) Gotta love that little girl!


One morning I woke up to Ethan gently brushing my hair out of my face as I slept. I do this to him at the very least every night before he goes to sleep. Then he whispered "Good morning Mommy" in my ear. I love my Mamma's boy!


E while sitting at the table coloring: "Mommy, how are you?" How many times do we say this everyday? Ethan waited until I gave him an answer. Fine, was not good enough. He really wanted to know how I was. What a sweetheart. 


I hope this puts a smile on your face as we approach Thanksgiving and all we are  thankful for in our lives.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Aren't these little kids the sweetest?!! Good idea to jot down the cute things they say. It will be so fun to reminisce with them in just a few short years when they're older and "too cool" to brush our hair away from our faces and ask us how we are.

Our Newest Family Adventures