Monday, November 18, 2013

My Trip to Europe: Lumbrein and Degen, Switzerland

View on our drive into Switzerland.





For my mom, Swiss cows.





 Swiss sheep




Mom and her cousins.






Swiss deer






Family standing on the ground where the castle of her family once stood.






 The church where her father once attended.

 The graveyard where he was buried.


The house where my mom's father once lived.








The initials of my mom's father.

 The year the stone stove was built.


All of the views we were able to witness in and near the town where my mom's family and descendants live and lived.










 

 My mom's relatives.










 This church has the skulls of it's members in the building. It was done so family could come and visit them and still, "see their face."

The family who ran the hotel we stayed at in Lumbrein.

 The view out our window as it snowed on the mountains.


Our tiny bathroom. 

 View just outside our hotel.

 Our hotel

 Our room



 
The place mat from the restaurant we visited.




It was a wonderful time in Switzerland. We were able to meet my mom's family, although the language barrier was difficult. We are able to see the town where my mom's father and his family grew up and see some of her cousins who still live nearby.

No comments:

Our Newest Family Adventures